MOVEMBER GENERAL PRIVACY
Date of last revision 8 September 2015
Men’s Foundation of South Africa is committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of any personal information which you provide to us.
1. Collection of personal information:
You may provide personal information to Men’s Foundation of South Africa for a variety of reasons, including to receive information, to purchase products, to make a donation to the Men’s Foundation of South Africa or one of the fundraising campaigns, to provide your motivation or personal story to Men’s Foundation of South Africa, to receive information about or become involved in promotions or other initiatives undertaken by Men’s Foundation of South Africa. This personal information may include (without limitation) details such as your name, image, address, mobile number, e-mail address, employer or business, health information or the amount you have donated. If you purchase products or make a donation to Men’s Foundation of South Africa or one of the fundraising campaigns, including the Movember campaign (which would include the respective Mo Bros or Mo Sistas) you may provide Men’s Foundation of South Africa with credit card details and other information which will allow Men’s Foundation of South Africa to process the transaction. Men’s Foundation of South Africa may also request your preferences for receiving further information about the Men’s Foundation of South Africa campaign or outcomes from the funds raised.
The choice of how much information you provide to Men’s Foundation of South Africa is yours and of course if you want to use Men’s Foundation of South Africa's Services, make a donation, or otherwise participate in Men’s Foundation of South Africa programs and events, Men’s Foundation of South Africa will require certain information from you in order to provide the services or conduct the programs and events.
2. How does Men’s Foundation of South Africa use the Personal Information?
The personal information you provide to Men’s Foundation of South Africa through our Websites may be used by Men’s Foundation of South Africa for the following purposes:
If you choose to provide your personal details to Men’s Foundation of South Africa you agree that your personal information may be displayed or included as set out above. You also agree that your personal details may accordingly be identified, recovered and displayed by internet search engines. In certain circumstances we may give you the option to limit the public view of your information in relation to the Movember campaign, for example:
- to provide you with products you have requested
- to provide you with information or other communications about Men’s Foundation of South Africa
- to involve you in promotions, future campaigns and other initiatives undertaken by Men’s Foundation of South Africa
- to include your image, name and details on our Websites if you register as Men’s Foundation of South Africa or one of the fundraising campaigns, including the Movember campaign (which would include the respective Mo Bros or Mo Sistas)(these will not appear in public search results if you choose a limited public view Mo Space – see below)
- to include your name, comments and amount of donation on our Websites if you make a donation to Men’s Foundation of South Africa or one of the fundraising campaigns, including the Movember campaign (which would include the respective Mo Bros or Mo Sistas)(unless you choose a private or anonymous donation - see below)
- to enter you into automatic prize draws if you are a registered Mo Bro or Mo Sista for the Movember campaign and meet the relevant draw criteria
- to market Men’s Foundation of South Africa and/or its campaigns and events, including the Movember campaign
- to analyse statistics in relation to the Men’s Foundation of South Africa community
Please be aware that if you change your Mo Space from public to a limited public view, your Mo Space may have already been indexed by a search engine and may therefore appear in searches conducted on that search engine until it re-indexes your Mo Space as limited public view. In some cases the search engines do not re-index their searches so your Mo Space may still appear on those search engines after you have changed your profile from public to limited public view. If you have a concern that a particular search engine hasn’t removed your Mo Space from their search results please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact the search engine directly to request deletion of the reference to your Mo Space in their search results.
- Your Mo Space - you have the option to select a limited public view Mo Bro or Mo Sista Mo Space. This means that we will endeavour to ensure that your Mo Space is not available to general internet search engines and is inaccessible by a general search of our Services. Your Mo Space will also not be displayed on your public team page (if you are part of a team) or network page (if you are part of a network). However, you should also be aware that your limited public view Mo Space will be available as follows:
- to users that search for you in the “Donate” section of the Movember Services;
- if you belong to a team, then your team members that are logged in will be able to view your Mo Space; and
- through a direct link to your Mo Space.
3. Communication preferences:
- Your donations - you have the option to make:
- a private donation, in which case your name and amount of your donation will only be disclosed to the recipient in their private view of their Mo Space, however your donation amount will be included in the total calculation on their Mo Space; and
- an anonymous donation, in which case the amount of your donation will be displayed on the recipient’s public and private view of their Mo Space but your name will not be displayed in either the public or private view of the recipient’s Mo Space.
Where you have agreed to receive Men’s Foundation of South Africa emails, the Men’s Foundation of South Africa may use your personal information to send you emails (including marketing emails) about the Men’s Foundation of South Africa and their respective campaigns and the outcomes achieved with the funds raised. If you are a registered Mo Bro or Mo Sista for the Movember campaign, the Men’s Foundation of South Africa will automatically send you an email whenever there is activity on your Mo Space or updates to your donations. You will be provided with an opportunity in each email communication to decline to receive any further communications from the Men’s Foundation of South Africa. In addition, you can change your email marketing preferences in the settings in the “Edit My Details” section on your Mo Space.
4. Security of your information:
Men’s Foundation of South Africa takes reasonable steps to ensure the security of all information it collects, including that the information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. For example, your personal information is maintained in a secure environment, which can be accessed only by authorised personnel. However, no data transmission over the internet or information stored on servers accessible through the internet can be guaranteed to be fully secure. Note that Men’s Foundation of South Africa does not store credit card information.
5. Disclosure of Personal Information:
Personal information collected by the Men’s Foundation of South Africa may be shared with any company within the Movember Foundation group of companies. See further information on this in section 10 below.
We may disclose your personal information to our suppliers or other external third parties for analytics and data analysis, for outsourcing some of the functions and services relating to the purposes for which your personal information may be processed by Men’s Foundation of South Africa and otherwise to enhance our Services. When we contract external services providers, we may provide them with your personal information, but only to the extent required for them to fulfil that contract, or where you would reasonably expect Men’s Foundation of South Africa to disclose it to a third party for a particular purpose.
Regardless of where in the world you reside, the Men’s Foundation of South Africa, may transfer your data outside of your own country, including to Australia and the United States, for processing, including analytics, and storage. This may result in your data being transferred to a country which has a lower standard of data protection than the country in which you reside. Wherever your data is transferred, it may be accessed by the courts, regulatory bodies, and law enforcement and national security authorities, according to the laws in the relevant jurisdiction.
We may disclose your personal information to social media platforms including, without limitation, Facebook so that the social media platforms may send you advertisements about future Movember events and initiatives and for analytics purposes.
If we send your details to Facebook they will be hashed before they are sent, and Facebook only briefly uses the data for matching purposes then deletes it: https://www.facebook.com/ads/manage/customaudiences/tos.php
If you wish to opt out of having your details provided to Facebook or other social media platforms, please contact us on email@example.com.
We will not sell your personal information to other parties.
6. Access, correction and complaints in relation to personal information:
Access to personal information
You may request access to your personal information collected by Men’s Foundation of South Africa. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to respond as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of receiving your request. There may be some legal or regulatory reason why access is denied or amendment refused. If this is so, we will tell you why.
Correction of personal information
If you believe any of your personal information held by Men’s Foundation of South Africa is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, Men’s Foundation of South Africa will take reasonable steps to correct the information. To request that your personal information be corrected or updated, please send an email to email@example.com.
If you have a complaint about the handling of your personal information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Links to other websites:
Men’s Foundation of South Africa are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of any other website or service that is linked to a Website, or for the privacy practices of any third party social media or other service providers that you can access through a Website. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of those websites or service providers.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored in your computer’s memory and hard drive when you visit certain web pages. They are used to enable websites to function or to provide information to the owners of a website.
- Analytical purposes: We use analytical cookies that allow us to recognise, measure and track visitors to our Websites. This helps us to improve and develop the way our Websites work, for example, by determining whether site visitors can find information easily, or by identifying the aspects of our Websites that are of the most interest to them. For these purposes, we may store the following:
- the name of the domain from which you accessed the internet
- the date and time you accessed our Websites
- the internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Websites
- the pages you accessed while visiting our Websites
- the device from which you accessed our Websites
- the location from which you accessed our Websites
In addition, we use a third party service provider, KISSmetrics, to provide certain analytics services to us in connection with the operation of our Websites, including the collection and tracking of the data and information listed above. We may disclose visitor data, including personally identifiable information, to KISSmetrics to enable them to provide such services. Such data may be sent to KISSmetrics and their suppliers in the United States, where the standard of data protection may be lower than the country in which you reside.
If you wish to opt-out of KISSmetrics’ analytics service, then please do so using this link.
Your cookie preferences
- Usage preferences: Some of the cookies on our Websites are activated when visitors to our sites make a choice about their usage of the site. Our Websites then ‘remember’ the settings preferences of the user concerned. This allows us to tailor aspects of our sites to the individual user.
- Functional purposes: Functional purpose cookies store information that is needed by our applications to process and operate. For example, where requests within an application involve multiple stages, cookies are used to store the information from each stage temporarily, in order to facilitate completion of the overall request.
To make full use of our Websites, your computer or mobile device will need to accept cookies, as our sites will not function properly without them. In addition, cookies are required in order to provide you with personalised features on our websites.
Third party cookies
Amending cookie preferences
10. Disclosure and use of personal information by Movember Foundation:
The Movember campaign in South Africa is operated by the Men’s Foundation of South Africa NPC under licence from the Movember Foundation. As part of that licence arrangement, the Movember Foundation provides the Movember website and mobile apps (together, Services) to assist the Men’s Foundation of South Africa NPC to operate the Movember campaign in South Africa.
You consent to your personal information (including without limitation your name, image, address, mobile number, e-mail address, employer or business, health information or the amount you have donated or raised) (“Personal Information”) being provided to the Movember Foundation.
You consent to your Personal Information being used by the Movember Foundation for the following purposes:
- to provide you with information or other communications about the Movember Foundation
- to involve you in promotions, future campaigns and other initiatives undertaken by Movember Foundation
- to include your image, name and details on the Movember Foundation websites in accordance with your preferences
- to include your name, comments and amount of donation on the Movember Foundation websites if you make a donation to a Mo Bro or Mo Sista (unless you choose a private or anonymous donation)
- to analyse statistics in relation to the Movember community
- to include your personal information in a database of members of the Movember community
You consent to the personal information provided to Movember Foundation being disclosed by the Movember Foundation to:
You consent to Movember Foundation transferring your data outside of your own country, including to Australia and the United States, for processing, including analytics, and storage. This may result in your data being transferred to a country which has a lower standard of data protection than the country in which you reside. Wherever your data is transferred, it may be accessed by the courts, regulatory bodies, and law enforcement and national security authorities, according to the laws in the relevant jurisdiction.
- other charities within the Movember group of charities
- third parties where such third parties are providing a service on behalf of Movember Foundation (for example, database analysis)
- to social media platform providers (for example, Facebook) so that such social media platform can identify you and provide you with content related to Movember